Monday, August 10, 2009

Today's Christian Woman Article Update

Okay. I guess the Lord knew I needed some good news, since nothing has been forthcoming about a new job here in Mississippi. But Friday afternoon, I got an email from the assistant editor at Today's Christian Woman telling me that my article passed the first round of edits and is now being read by the entire staff! I woo-hooed all over the house, of course. I have no idea how many rounds of edits there are, or if they will publish it...but it was such an affirmation!

The topic I wrote on is one near and dear to me...one I'm very passionate about: online romances or attractions where married people are involved. I just think this is rampant and absolutely NO ONE is talking about it. So I wrote about why I thought "laptop love" is happening. The reality is when people don't get their needs met by their partner, they seek it out elsewhere. And because it starts online, it's thought of as "innocent," and not doing anything wrong. But it IS wrong! It's an emotional affair, even if it never gets physical...and it cuts your spouse out of your life so decidedly. So I also included a section on how to approach your spouse with your needs.

Anyway...for those who were curious as to what I wrote about, there it is in a nutshell. I might post more later. But just wanted to share my happy update with my writing family.

What exciting news to you have to share? Did something great happen this weekend? Prayer requests? Let's be transparent with the people who understand us the most: other writers. :)

Oh, and join me tomorrow at The Character Therapist as we discuss blended families. Bring your questions!

Wordle: signature

17 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oooh, that is so exciting, Jeannie!
And what an interesting topic. You're right. No one is talking about it, but I can definitely see where people could be sucked into something like that. It is wrong.
I pray your article will be published soon!

Katie Ganshert said...

That's such an affirmation, Jeannie!! Caongrats again!!

Stephanie Faris said...

YAY. That's such an exciting feeling. Congrats! Do you know when it will be out?

Ralene said...

Awesome, Jeannie. I am so excited for you. I'm also very proud that you have the courage to cast a light on this "hidden" sin. Praise the Lord for that!

MeganRebekah said...

Congrats! What an awesome accomplishment!

And as a question about the topic -- do you think that it always occurs because the partner's needs aren't being met? Doesn't that put a lot of blame on the other partner?

Terri Tiffany said...

That is AWESOME news!!! YAY!!! I know it is a process to get in and so this next step says alot!!

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

meganrebekah - no, i don't think that's always the case...but if people had a great marriage in the first place, i don't think it would happen as often. :)

and thanks, ladies. :)

Tess said...

I have several friends that met their spouses online and are in wonderful relationships. That's a great article idea. And, congrats, congrats, congrats!

and, my good news? Finished my revisions last night at 11:34pm...hooray!

Keli Gwyn said...

Congrats on the good news, Jeannie. I hope your article makes it through the staff reads and is accepted.

Jody Hedlund said...

Awesome, Jeannie! And that sounds like such an interesting topic! I'm sure it's a bigger problem than we're aware of! Can't wait to read your article!

Jill Kemerer said...

Wonderful!!! I love that magazine. And your article IS timely and important. I agree 100%! I'll keep you in my prayers to get that article published!

Jessica Nelson said...

Woohoo! Yay, I'm so happy for you. :-)

And great article! I think that's totally right and people really don't talk about it.

Danyelle L. said...

That sounds like an awesome article! And very true. I think that sometimes people forget it's possible to be unfaithful to one's spouse without ever becoming physical with someone else.

Good news on this front: I really enjoyed being a mother today. :)

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Oooo, I've heard of this happening. (pastor's wives hear lots) You are right in that it is not talked about, especially in the christian arena. I would love to read your article and will be praying that it passes through all the hoops!

The Ketchup Girl

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Awesome great news! Congrats on getting to the next round on a timely issue in our lives. Can't wait to hear when it's published. Lots of celebrating!

Susanne Dietze said...

So happy for you! What a blessing and encouragement. Congratulations!

Tara McClendon said...

Congratulations! I think too many people believe the Internet isn't a threat to their marriages, and so they don't see the danger until it bites them.