Special thanks to Liana Brooks for the Kreativ Blogger award! Made my day on Monday, especially after my post on waiting. So I'll pass my time waiting coming up with seven random, "kreativ" things about me. :)
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Because I'm one to like rules, and I find it conspiciously absent that there are no guidelines about what seven things I should write, I'm going to regale you with seven kreativ things about me you might not have known.
1. I actually play the piano really well. I used to play solos and duets in church all through high school, and recently did a stint as church pianist for over two years at my church in California. I love to play and sing, too.
2. I'm addicted to a really bad show on HBO called True Blood that is so good. It's my biggest vice. But there are actually some really good principles shown through the show once you get past a few naked scenes (gasp!), like not teaching others how to hate people groups (vampires, in this case) for no other reason than that they are different.
3. I was editor of my high school newspaper. This was a major big huge deal at this juncture in life, and landed me a spot in the 1997 Hall of Fame for my school (the editor always got a spot...done deal...oh, yeah!). But it was hard work....deadlines, layouts...we had a newspaper in color that looks just like a normal newspaper!
4. Oh! Before I was overall editor, I was the editorial editor. I couldn't find anyone to write a regular column about their viewpoints about ANYthing. As a result, I wrote a monthly column called "Jeannie's Mood." (My maiden name is Mood...kreativ, huh?) It got lots of attention, needless to say.
5. My first "regular" writing endeavor was in elementary school. I created Good News, a Christian publication of which I was the sole journalist, layout designer, and editor. I posted new editions outside my bedroom door.
6. I like to do beadwork. I've made several pieces for myself, friends and family. I made all my bridesmaids' necklaces and earrings. I like to use semi-precious stone chips and Swarovski crystals. However, I haven't done this in at least two years (because all free time usually goes to writing!).
7. I designed my own wedding ring. I knew I wanted a princess cut center diamond, but instead of being square, I wanted it rectangular, flanked on either side by two trillion (triangle) diamonds. It's exactly what I wanted...perfect. My husband had it made by Ramseys Jewelers in New Orleans, LA.
So hopefully you learned some things about me you didn't know (and hopefully you cared). :)
Here's the seven bloggers I nominate for this award:
1. CKHB at Heim Binas Fiction. For those who don't know...CKHB is an attorney! Might come in handy for those WIPs, people!
2. Danyelle at Myth-takes. Danyelle always has kreativ posts...I just wish I had more time to comment on them more regularly.
3. Katie at Katie Ganshert. She's my fab crit partner, published short story author and just a wacky girl all around.
4. Michelle at Edgy Inspirational Author Blog. She has regular book giveaways...so check it out!
5. Crimogenic at Crimogenic. Interesting reads with a sense of humor.
6. Jill at Jill Kemerer. Jill's always got original angles on things all writers think about.
7. KLo at The Philosophy of KLo. She's fascinated by everything, and blogs about it very kreatively.
Q4U: What's the most kreativ thing about you?
Happy blogging today!
What's the most prescient book you'e ever read?
5 hours ago