Monday, February 9, 2009

Part-Time Will Put A Hole In My Head

I suppose you could say that I'm a part-time writer, although I have not claimed this status for tax purposes. I write every spare chance I get, which isn't a lot somedays, as I'm taking care of an almost-one-year-old during most days.

I go absolutely bonkers when I'm in the middle of a scene and I get interrupted. This is why I imagine that being full-time will afford some luxuries like not being interrupted. But maybe I'm talking about something I don't know.

Currently, my little darling child is having a whining hissy fit. Nothing is wrong with her at all, she just wants all of mom's attention. She's got toys to play with on the floor, her belly's full, yet she just whines at my feet, upset because I won't let her slobbery hands grace my beautiful white MacBook keyboard or pull out my royal blue jump drive or unplug the power chord, which glows a tempting orange.

I was in the middle of writing a most prolific scene when my heroine encounters her ex-fiancé. Seriously gripping stuff. But I've had to forego the conclusion of said scene as the decibal on her whine steadily rises, in favor or ranting about it here on my blog.

I'll go for now, as she's reaching the point of no return. My scene will wait until her bedtime tonight around 8:30. Or maybe not, as my husband will probably want to finish the movie we started and had to also forego because of her. Hmm....see the problems inherit in this?

0 comments: