Saturday, March 21, 2009

Writing Progress Meter

Okay. Seriously bummed out. My writing progress meter just blipped out! No joke. I hadn't updated it in a while, but when I went to do so a minute ago, a pop-up, uh, popped up and told me that the gadget was broken and that blogger recommended that I remove the gadget! So I did.

Jeannie = Bummed. Now how am I going to keep up with the percentage I have written? I don't do percentages on my own because that falls under "math skills." (I mean, what was the purpose of the writing meter anyway? To do the percentage FOR me.) Ah....this is a travesty.

4 comments:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Hey! I popped over to your blog. Very pretty, by the way! I responded to you on my blog, but saw this post and thought I would let you know about my word meter.

It is one from a NaNoWriMo site. I tried to put the link here, but couldn't get it to work. If you double click on the blue counter bar on my blog, it will take you directly to the site. Just put in your word count, then your total words, and enter and it will give you code to paste into a gadget. Or you can copy and paste this link into your browser.

http://www.languageisavirus.com/nanowrimo/word-meter.html

Hope it helps. (My other counter broke too...said my account was suspended, whatever that means)

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Hhhmmm...when I enter my numbers, then hit "calculate", it then shows a little box with a code to copy and paste. I am not sure why it is not working for you. :(

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

I'm sorry I didn't keep going with the instructions! When you get the code and Click Add A Gadget. Then click on the HTML gadget. All you do is paste your code in and then put the title of your book in the Title spot. Then you save it. Then you can move it to wherever you want on the sidebar.

Sorry it took so long to get backt o you. I stopped by the grocery store on the way home from work and got supper in the oven before I sat down to check my emails.

Hope it works!

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Yea!!!! It looks great! And I love the title...very intriguing.